Loading...

BLOG

LATEST BLOG POSTS

E-Commerce Revolution - Same day delivery as a new must

The E-commerce revolution is turning the conventional supply chain on its head. There are several expectations for the best delivery experience, from fast delivery to safe delivery by the customers. With almost every second year, the demands of the customers are changing. Previously, delivery within a week was a big thing, however, it is very common now and the online retailing giants like eBay, Amazon and many other sites are expanding their service to make faster delivery.

The role of “same-day delivery” in the growth of e-commerce business

The online retail business is a rising industry: this year itself, the online retail business is expected to make up around 10% of the total purchases. In comparison to the last 15 years, the “10% overall sale” will be a huge success for the e-commerce companies. Not only the online retailing sites but some brick and mortar stores are offering deliveries within the same day as well.

Not only the online retailing sites but some brick and mortar stores are offering deliveries within the same day as well

Previously, one of the demerits of online shopping was late delivery and late review of products. In case of emergencies, the consumers would always prefer physical stores to online stores before; however, with the presence of same-day delivery features, this could change significantly. According to reports, the e-commerce giant Amazon was planning to buy a French shipping company dubbed “Colis Prive” in 2014, but it purchased only 25% of its shares. Later in January, 2016, the Seattle-based online retailer acquired the remaining 75% shares of the French parcel delivery company. This story highlights the importance of shipping and delivery in e-commerce business.

If the online retailing businesses manage to deliver the product in the same day after incurring reasonable expenses and only few complexities, then those businesses will grow the consumer base of the e-commerce industry and overthrow their rivals easily.

Yojee Same-Day delivery adding value to e-commerce business

A report by news site Business Insider reveals the percentage of people who prefer same-day delivery to a few-days delivery. The report says that the same-delivery market is growing at a slow rate, with only 2% shoppers - who live in cities - being able to enjoy the special service.

61% of internet shoppers (from across the world) were ready to pay additional amount of money for same-day delivery

A survey was conducted by PwC recently which found that around 61% of internet shoppers (from across the world) were ready to pay additional amount of money for same-day delivery. This figure of internet shoppers is hiking on a year-on-year basis. The same-day delivery option is, in fact, one of the top three essential factors for Internet shoppers’ satisfaction these days.

64% of online buyers were unhappy with the speed of the delivery service

Accenture did a similar study, where it discovered that around 64% of online buyers were unhappy with the speed of the delivery service. The buyers wanted an even quicker delivery system and many were willing to pay extra money for it. The study by Accenture found that nearly 6 of every 10 respondents were willing to pay additional money for same-day delivery and only 15% retailers worldwide could offer the same-day delivery service.

Get in touch with us to discuss how you can grow sales with Yojee’s same day delivery service.

Yojee is a publicly-listed company. See our up-to-date ASX announcements here.